Saturday, February 21, 2009

Death, Love, Fires, Parties #4

Fires...

you may or may not have heard of the bushfires in south east australia.

They have been particularly bad this year, with a total death toll so far of 187 and thousands of homes destroyed.

what you don't hear about is the floods that have happened in north east Australia, Click Here for a map, the floods have coverd an equivalent size of south australia 

and that shits me of cause i know people in both areas and all this money is going to the fire victims yet there are also hundreds of thousands stranded in outback queensland. So Boo to the red cross :P , i think that it should have been the fire-flood relief fund

the only difference is that way more people were dying in the fires than in the floods

Sooo......


i have a Big Unhappy Face for whole situation 

3 comments:

munchkinhugs said...

They actually covered both events well here.

I feel sad for the people though =(

3L said...

That's so sad. I'll say a prayer.

Liz said...

I've been worrying about you and the fires. As much as I'd like to say I am relieved you are not affected by them, in reality you are...

Liz aka Busy Lizzy