Wednesday, November 26, 2008

After Exams

So it all began with the second in a series of exams for my degree. Now I have been asked by many people what degree I’m doing. I am doing a degree in mechanical engineering. Now this doesn’t mean I am super smart, but it does mean that I will disappear quite often for what would seem like no reason at all and then just appear out of nowhere. Now this exam was for Dynamics of Machinery which dealt with all the maths behind moving parts, more specifically links. You know like that little arm the pushes the train wheel round and round and round.

I went into that exam and absolutely smashed it with minimal preparation. For some reason that seems to be the way it happens. I will do nothing and assume I know everything until the last minute where I will frantically wiz around like I’ve been popping pills since last Tuesday. Anyway the exam was done so the only thing left to do was to study for the next exam and that is what I did, I got out of my exam at 4:30 pm and had until 8:30 am to prepare for the next exam and unfortunately these things, we have to do sometimes.

So comes the next morning …

I arrive at 6 sharp ready to study cramming like there was not tomorrow, and my god was I out of it… there was nothing I could do, except for study, so that I did. The exam was for Industrial Engineering and covered things like how to maximise production without sacrificing aspects of production, In other words optimisation.

So I had my little study sesh and then it was time…

I walked in there and answered every question :D

But again I had to study, so off I went to the computer lab to study once more… >.< . When I finish my study for the night I catch the train home, so I walked to the train station. I had missed the train and had to wait half an hour to catch the next train so I sat there with a giant book reading. Every who walked by took a squiz, it felt awkward but eventually my train came, so I got on train and off I went.

The next stop, a guy who was pissed as fuck, hops on and then sits right next to me. So I think alright if I leave him alone ill be right, but the guy starts to talk to himself…. Very loudly and then started to talk to me telling me how books don’t get you anywhere, he told me to get a trade and to get some real work and stop wasting my time reading books :S

So I spent the next 15mins telling about engineering and he came up with everything imaginable until he said except bosses don’t like it when you tell them how to do things, to which I replied “but we are the people who tell the boss how to do everything” and he just shut up. That was it I got off the train, drove home and went to sleep.

Once again I wake up 4:30am ready to catch the train into the station with this giant book cause it was an open book exam. I find my self once again trawling through this book so that I know where info is and can get to it easily, and once again, the time comes to go off to my exam. This exam though was my last and I couldn’t wait to get out, So I wrote and wrote and wrote and I got to the last question and “pens down”…

No comments: