Monday, August 18, 2008

How Much Longer Could This Day Possibly Get???

????

Today was a day that could not possibly get any fuller.

I started my day getting up at 6:30 after going to sleep at 2:00, this might have been because it was hot or maybe i wasn't trying to sleep on the right side or maybe it was the fact that i cant get someone out of my head, it's driving me up the wall. Anyway thats a story for another time. From there i had a shower and got dressed in time to catch the bus into traffic so bad that a drive that may usually take 20min takes 40 min to an hour, which is one step better than the hour and a half that it would take me to walk there.

Anyway when i get to uni i have to sit this 2hr lecture on the dynamics of machinery which is interesting but it is way too early in the morning to derive equations from random linkages. Today, from what i remember, was a discusion about the the kinetics (the study of the effects of forces on motion) of four bar linkages. For all those non mechanical engineers or those not in the know, this leads to some very laborious and boring maths.

Then because of pracs this week there was no tutorials for design and maintanance of machinery, so i went and did an assignment about why sausages split lengthwise when cooked, instead of in any other direction. From there i tried to find some small dvds to put a documentary, that was made for my project by the school of film and tv, on. then it was time to go to my next lecture....

My lecture to my surprise was not a lecture but a game where we acted out a manufacturing plant of some sort and we failed misserably. As was the point of the excersice.

Very amusing :)

but then a tutorial on dynamics of machinery *snoar* basically the same as the lecture, but none the less important to be at cause you never know what your going to pick up that you missed before.

Then, once again off in search of the elusive mini dvds, and as hard as i tried i found nothing :( , though where we fail we must try and try again or else it will never happen.

so after all this i managed to miss my bus, it is so boring to sit at a bus stop for half an hour......


i finaly reached home Yay :)

But wait there's more......

When i arrived home i had a bit of time to sort out my emails and found i have three appointments to attend this week, one is looking after the Appropriate Technologies Day EWB Wednesday is holding, Another is meeting one of the founders of My project on Wednesday and the last i recieved today i have been asked to join a panel to review the grade of a student also for Wednesday. I also recieved an email from a potential sponsor of the project so is looking good.

and now am watching chocolat...

the end of my day hopefully

goodnight all

No comments: